From Hard Drop - Tetris Wiki
|Platform(s)||PC (Windows, Unix compatible (Linux, Mac OS, etc...)|
|Playfield dimensions||12w x 22h visible|
|Rotation system||TetriNet Rotation System|
Tetrinet is a PC based online multiplayer tetromino game, similar to Tetris, available as a free download. It is notable for its 12-block-wide playfield, which is wider than the average tetromino game's playfield, as well as its items, which players can use to attack other players.
Specials can be obtained by clearing their row off the field. If a player clears a special, the amount of that special received into the inventory is multiplied by the amount of lines cleared. For example, clearing a special with a double line clear will yield 2 of those specials into your inventory.
Specials are used in inventory order by pressing the player number you wish to target. There are 9 possible specials that can appear:
- a : Add Line - Adds a line of garbage
- c : Clear Line - Clears a line from the bottom of the field.
- b : Clear Special Blocks - Transforms all special blocks into regular blocks.
- r : Random Blocks Clear - Randomly clears blocks, often making a messier field
- o : Block Bomb - Only has an effect if the target's field has a Block Bomb special on it. Causes any blocks within a 3x3 radius of those specials to be scattered around their field.
- q : Blockquake - Shifts the blocks on each row, often making a messier field and giving an earthquake effect.
- g : Block Gravity - Causes all blocks to pull down to the bottom of the field, and will remove any lines cleared as a result.
- s : Switch Fields - Switches your field with the target's field.
- n : Nuke Field - Clears the entire field.
TetriFAST is a modification made to the original Tetrinet developed by St0rmcat. TetriFAST removes the 1 second delay between pieces, while keeping the other Tetrinet gameplay aspects intact.