HOME WORLD FORUMS WIKI VIDEOS
9484 members and stacking!
     Welcome guest, please login or sign up

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "Help Me" Thread: Ask Quick Questions Here!
Rating  3
jkwon23
post Aug 30 2014, 11:34 PM
Post #58

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

QUOTE(SpawN @ Aug 30 2014, 03:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Extruderx @ Aug 29 2014, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Integration @ May 2 2013, 05:20 AM) *

Start TOPLauncher.exe in the main folder (TetrisOnlinePoland). There you can register an account if not done yet. BTW with DASPatch you can choose between more autorepeat settings (e.g. autorepeat delay = 95 ms, autorepeat speed = 15 ms) and with KillStars you can get rid of most graphical gimmick (both extracted into your main folder).

how to use:
load the daspatch archive from the hyperlink in the quote
unpack daspatch into your TOP folder
make sure it collides with the "DasPatch" folder in the TOP folder
then open the launcher, go to the options and pick your repeat delay/speed
(15 ms repeat speed seems to be the minimum, so no instant DAS in this game.)

inb4 you might check out this build of TOP (made by Blitz)
however, it has a different method of making the DAS values, described in its topic

The link doesn't work.

open TOP launcher in the TOW folder

IPB Image

Click Settings and choose original presets.

IPB Image

Press start.

Click shop.

IPB Image

Click Tuning settings

IPB Image

Choose any level from 1 to 5.

IPB Image

Go to Time attack and try it out.

IPB Image

If the setting doesn't work, go back to shop and change the DAS/Sensitivity. If the whole preset doesn't feel right. Try again from TOP presets.

IPB Image

The patch saves so you don't have to keep patching it once you find the right preset and das/sensitivity. If your settings restart each time you start your TOW, run TOPLauncher as adminstrator by right clicking it.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Sep 29 2014, 01:50 AM
Post #59

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

A quick question: Theoretically speaking, does 5-4 stacking require less tricky finesse than 6-3 stakcing? Not considering other factors such as how hard it will be to stack without skimming.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FieryLight
post Sep 29 2014, 07:02 AM
Post #60

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(djackallstar @ Sep 29 2014, 01:50 AM) *

A quick question: Theoretically speaking, does 5-4 stacking require less tricky finesse than 6-3 stakcing? Not considering other factors such as how hard it will be to stack without skimming.

Nope. 6-3 is less tricky. With 5-4 you'll find yourself needing to use the "DAS to right > rotate > tap left" pattern more often whereas you practically never use that for 6-3 unless you're skimming. 5-4 on eliminates the double tap right patterns and the tap right one + rotate patterns
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Sep 29 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #61

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

Thanks for the reply =]

QUOTE(FieryLight @ Sep 29 2014, 03:02 PM) *

QUOTE(djackallstar @ Sep 29 2014, 01:50 AM) *

Nope. 6-3 is less tricky. With 5-4 you'll find yourself needing to use the "DAS to right > tap left > rotate" "DAS to right > rotate > tap left" pattern more often whereas you practically never use that for 6-3 unless you're skimming. 5-4 on eliminates the double tap right patterns and the tap right one + rotate patterns

FTFY

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Sep 29 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #62

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Shouldn't the order not matter as long as the rotation comes after the dar? For example, you can press rotate and move left simultaneously.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Sep 29 2014, 11:49 PM
Post #63

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(caffeine @ Sep 30 2014, 02:24 AM) *

Shouldn't the order not matter as long as the rotation comes after the dar? For example, you can press rotate and move left simultaneously.

My bad Frown.png

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
FieryLight
post Sep 30 2014, 06:35 AM
Post #64

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(caffeine @ Sep 29 2014, 06:24 PM) *

Lol, does anyone actually do that though? I've actually never done that, I always separate my left/right and rotates. I wonder if it'd help my speed.... Speaking of which, does anyone use both CW rotates? (e.g. they're mapped to x and up by default so does anyone press up and x simultaneously to do double rotates faster on guideline games?)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nostalgianinja
post Oct 15 2014, 11:41 AM
Post #65

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

So how's the best way to practice all the different types of spins? and do spins break any finesse rules?

--------------------
Seeking improvement on Tetris, but taking it one mino at a time.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Oct 15 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #66

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(nostalgianinja @ Oct 15 2014, 07:41 PM) *

So how's the best way to practice all the different types of spins?

http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5803
QUOTE(nostalgianinja @ Oct 15 2014, 07:41 PM) *

and do spins break any finesse rules?

http://www38.atwiki.jp/pecatet/pages/71.html
See the TSD、TSSの最適化 section.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Oct 15 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #67

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

That's interesting that they would recommend saving a keypress over saving a row descend. I guess it depends on the soft drop speed. For example, in Tetris DS, it's always preferable to do this:
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Oct 15 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #68

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(caffeine @ Oct 15 2014, 09:27 PM) *

That's interesting that they would recommend saving a keypress over saving a row descend. I guess it depends on the soft drop speed. For example, in Tetris DS, it's always preferable to do this:

This. The soft drop speed in TDS is insanely slow, and everytime I see a wallkicked T-spin in TDS I always feel the T piece is teleporting.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sisu
post Oct 15 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #69

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

so let's say i don't have a 3DS, but i would be willing to get one for Tetris Ultimate next month
cuz fuck knows how long the other versions will be delayed Foot In Mouth.png
1. for basic tetris functionality...would it matter if i get XL, 2DS, etc?

2. what would I need to connect to online multiplayer?

3. how do i can has e-shop? Undecided.png

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Oct 15 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #70

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

I would also like to know what Sisu has asked. Any 3ds experts out there?

I did a little reading. You will need a broadband connection with a WiFi-enabled router. Many shops out there provide their customers with WiFi (e.g. Starbucks). You may also be able to bum a connection off your neighbors (if they don't have a password).
Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL*
Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz Frequency
Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g
Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP)

I remember the Nintendo DS had an option to use a dongle, but I'm not sure that's still available.

Someone had commented in his review that he thought the XL was more comfortable for people with large hands.

For the e-shop, most consoles these day provide a way to make digital download purchases directly. I'm guessing the 3DS works the same way. The press release mentioned the digital download will be $10 cheaper.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nostalgianinja
post Oct 16 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #71

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sisu @ Oct 15 2014, 06:20 PM) *

so let's say i don't have a 3DS, but i would be willing to get one for Tetris Ultimate next month
cuz fuck knows how long the other versions will be delayed Foot In Mouth.png
1. for basic tetris functionality...would it matter if i get XL, 2DS, etc?

2. what would I need to connect to online multiplayer?

3. how do i can has e-shop? Undecided.png

1) For those who want the 3DS version, the 3DS, 3DSXL(or LL in Japan), and the 2DS are all fully compatible. I'm currently using my 3DS XL for Tetris (3DS or Axis in the states) so I'll just buy ultimate when it releases. It depends on how it feels to you, and depending on if you want a bigger screen or if you couldn't be bothered playing on a smaller screen. It doesn't really matter for Tetris, though, since I've enjoyed it on my girlfriend's 2DS as well.

2) First off you'll need a connection and the latest version software for the 3DS, the game should have an internet mode which will ask you to connect before connecting online. depending on how it works, there'll either be a lobby or it would just put you in a random room like what Tetris Axis does.

3) eShop comes with Version 4.5.0 in most countries, so once you've updated you should have the Nintendo eShop application on your home menu. the eShop also requires a Nintendo Network ID from version 7.1 and up, so you'll need to register for an NNID after getting your 3DS or 2DS of choice.

QUOTE(caffeine)
I remember the Nintendo DS had an option to use a dongle, but I'm not sure that's still available.

The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector is still available as a connection option under Connection Settings, you'll just need to go to Manual Setup to get the option

--------------------
Seeking improvement on Tetris, but taking it one mino at a time.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
derder
post Oct 16 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #72

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

1) I prefer the XL, as my hands are too big for the small one but I guess it's best to try both out in a store or something.

2) if you have WLAN at your home you'll be totally fine, if you haven't you could set up a Desktop or Notebook that has wired connection as a hotspot if that PC also has a wireless network card.

3) after System Update you'll have the eShop as icon in your home screen as already mentioned, you then need to pay either via credit card or via Nintendo eShop cards (which should be available in every store that also sells 3DS or even in online shops)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2019 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.