The bombs are different, and change for this type of thing is good. The standard Guideline/TOJ/TF/whatever-style is really overused compared to the other possible rulesets.
Tournaments that I can name off the top of my head with that ruleset:
- TFOs 1-5
- HDOs 2, 3, and 6
- Maii's TOJ 2v2
- shahil's two TF team tournaments
- Aristocrat's TF 2v2 (I don't know if it ever finished, but I remember playing matches for it)
- bee's NM tournament
- the failed TOP tournament
- Rosti's 13 NM Weeklies (to date)
Tournaments that I can name off the top of my head without that ruleset:
- HDOs 1 (Blockbox), 4 (NM All-spins), and 5 (Cultris II)
- NM Open 1 (All-spins)
- Blockbox Player-run Open
- bee's C2 team tournament
I might be missing some tournaments, or calculating wrong, but this is still a 28-6 ratio of TOJ-esque to any type of non-TOJ. I know that the same attacks send the same amount on TB (except the B2B TST sending 9, and not sure on EZ T-Spins), but the garbage is vastly different, different enough to call it an entirely different mode. It is 100% change, too. This is why I'm in favor of the bombs being used for the tournament. Also, 18% of the tournaments use 75% of the rulesets, #occupythesettings!