13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tetris Belts!, Like Karate, but tetris
myndzi
post Aug 18 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #11

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

I think that perfectclear's fumen would count as a DT Cannon and an Imperial cross but not a C-spin - because the C-spin was never completely set up, but the Imperial Cross was. The provision about not being required to knock down the setup completely is more of a nod to the fact that you don't always get the right pieces, and knowing how and when to abort is more skillful than destroying your stack to get two T-spins. It's not intended as an "out" to shortcut/cheat the requirements of setting up the spins, though I suppose there's no help for that.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 18 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #12

the c spin is finally accepted fully on frames 14 and 17 of that fumen. there has to be that one spot filled in to accept the tsd though- do broken apart setups like that (where you accept one bit of it, finish the stack, and accept the other spin) count?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Aug 18 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #13

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Good point: I didn't check where the setups came in.

perfectclear: for the sake of sanity and the fact that players aren't in this to prolong the test, I would judge that a setup is complete if and only if the entire thing is built with no other intervening setups. That means that you wouldn't build most of a C-spin, take 10 other clears, and then get a TSD that is in the "same place" as the C-spin and call it a C-spin. The goal is to show that you can produce by-the-book setups, not that you can be super creative with their knockdown.

As stated previously, the intent is to not screw you over if you get bad pieces--but you still have to build the shape. I think you're overthinking it a little - this isn't a puzzle to solve, just a demonstration of knowledge Smile.png

(And to head off the followup to this: Paul: I think we should stipulate that the setup must be knocked down one way or another. Every line that participates in it should be cleared. In this way, we don't have people trying to shortcut the system by restarting early, etc.)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul676
post Aug 18 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Yes, I agree with you on that, myndzi. The setup must be cleared for it to count. No other setups can be cleared in the intervening period, but they may be set up (like in Ravendarksky's example).

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Aug 18 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #15

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

I forgot to also mention: certain setups, such as TKI 3, aren't built all at once, though sometimes they can be built out ahead of taking a spin. In these cases, you would need to perform the steps in sequence and would not have the opportunity to abort the first spins.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Ravendarksky
post Aug 19 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #16

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

Urgh I just fumed a runthrough of the orange belt setups challenge and then my web browser went back a page and lost everything Frown.png

Instead here is a run-through of what is possible for even a slower player like myself:

I have a replay file too if anyone is interested.
The idea of this post is to make sure people aren't put off by the seeming difficulty of some of these things! With a little training you WILL do it =D

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul676
post Aug 22 2011, 11:35 AM
Post #17

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Congratulations to DrPete, mippo, Paradox, goldenshadow, Shahil619, cedevita, Aaron, Paul676, Pikiwedia, Wojtek, myndzi, and xenoslash, who have all gained a White Belt!

Scheduling slots for testing next weekend (27th and 28th) is open from now until Wednesday (for Saturday) and Thursday (for Sunday). I repeat that you will not be guaranteed to be tested if you do not schedule a slot.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Aug 22 2011, 04:08 PM
Post #18

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Dig Race 10 Lines - Do 10 Tspins in under 03:00 (ANY Tspins count!) (3/5 attempts)

So we can do the 180 spin t-spins?

In a maximum of 3 games AND in under 01:30 total you must:
Do a T-spin Double -> B2B Tspin Double (Two T-spin Doubles in a row)
Do a 2-wide combo, reaching at least 6 combo.

I don't completely understand the instructions. The way you wrote it makes it seem like you have to do each of those once, and you have 3 games to do it with 1:30 in each game. But when I tested last time it was another 3/5 attempts thing

and do i have to do it in that order?

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paul676
post Aug 22 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #19

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

You can do the 180 spin t-spins, so long as they follow the rules in the fumen - i.e. weak kicks are ok, strong kicks are not. What I meant by ANY t-spins is you're allowed t-spin singles and triples as well as doubles. In White, you were only allowed t-spin doubles in the Spins section.

Illustrates 180s allowed and not allowed for this.

It is a 3/5 attempts thing, as all setup tests except for Black are. In each attempt, you have to do each of the two instructions once, in whichever order you'd like, and you have 3 games (i.e. 2 restarts) to do it in. I ought to be clear that a mid-attempt restart, which is what I'm referring to by "maximum of 3 games" neither restarts the time nor the setups you have to do. It just clears the field. This is why the examiners must externally time each attempt, so that restarts do not lose the time.

I've clarified these things on the OP.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Profane
post Aug 24 2011, 02:46 PM
Post #20

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

i'd like to sign up for a Saturday slot. I'm in Eastern time and can do it noonish till 5pm. so any slot in that range i'd like to sign up for.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2014 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.