Oh hi, I'm an Ultra fan.

Started by flamewheel91, November 25, 2009, 03:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamewheel91

Hmmm hey guys.

So I'm doing this for the kicks, and I wanted to see what type of competition there is out there.
I'm not the best at Tetris in general--just Ultra.  (#4 on Facebook and #1 on Tetrisfriends.com)

iphys

Wowsers! So are there more Ultra players on Facebook Tetris than Tetrisfriends.com or is there some difference between them?

flamewheel91

I think the best tetrisfriends.com players are also the Facebook Tetris people, I'm not sure.  Facebook is definitely more competitive though.  Back in the summer being in the top 10 meant just having a score over 55k... now it's topped 60.

Blink

hey! welcome to the site! Very nice score man.

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

caffeine

You should broadcast some games. I'd watch.

ZacTASTIC

Dang. Congrats on finally beating Plopz. This means that you have to change your quote on TF, though. =]

Wojtek

I was believing those ultra records are done with speed hack. Can you confirm you don't use any cheats?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

iphys

It looks legitimate.  Usually when people use speed hacks you can tell because they don't actually place the pieces very efficiently and the pieces flutter all over the place crazily.  Besides, cheaters are so lazy I can't see them taking the time to learn how to ZT stack.

m__

Quote from: iphys
It looks legitimate.  Usually when people use speed hacks you can tell because they don't actually place the pieces very efficiently and the pieces flutter all over the place crazily.  Besides, cheaters are so lazy I can't see them taking the time to learn how to ZT stack.

It's funny, look at the first place in sprint right now, then you go to their profile and look at their average TPM in the battle modes.. with 100+ games I would not expect the #1 sprint player to have a 40 TPM average.

flamewheel91

@ Caffeine - How do you broadcast? I've never done so.

@ ZacTASTIC - Probably so... though most of my mistakes seem to happen one space to the left anyway.

@ Wojtek - I have no clue to hack, first and foremost.  Secondly, check my statistics on average, as well as my Sprint records.  Third, if you time my lag it's .5 seconds like it should be.

meow

your szt stacking is superb... what's more amazing is that you perform a lot better in ultra mode than in sprint. your speed is only 3 TPM lower despite all the soft drops for tspins.

not_trig

Quote from: flamewheel91
@ Caffeine - How do you broadcast? I've never done so.

@ ZacTASTIC - Probably so... though most of my mistakes seem to happen one space to the left anyway.

@ Wojtek - I have no clue to hack, first and foremost.  Secondly, check my statistics on average, as well as my Sprint records.  Third, if you time my lag it's .5 seconds like it should be.

"How do you broadcast?" what was that starcraft watching for

also LOL "hacks" LOLOLOL

anyways... dang I should like remember how to get 57k+ again because my TPM has kinda died

flamewheel91

Well, finally put the replay up.  Facebook better give me back my scores -.-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWAwPw781RU

jujube

yeah they better lol. that was obviously real, good game.