Tetris DS - Match Arrangements

Started by mattris, July 04, 2009, 02:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattris

Now that we have contributed enough Friend Codes, let's play Tetris DS.

Remember, you must have first added the Friend Codes in the 'pinned' topic.

July 4th
6pm CST (USA)  ....  UTC -5
I will host 2-player ... and then change to hosting 4-player after a few 2p matches with whoever I play initially.

Blink

Quote from: mattris
Ok, now that we have contributed enough Friend Codes, let's play some Tetris DS.  Remember, you must have first added the Friend Codes in the 'pinned' topic:

July 4th
6pm CST (USA)  ....  UTC -5
I will host 2-player ... and then change to hosting 4-player after a few 2p matches with whoever I play initially.

Is there a 'Chat' feature here on HardDrop, or shall I make another topic for communication during games?

there will be a chat feature coming, we're working on it.... not ready yet.  For now you can make another topic if you'd like.  Not sure if people are going to be around since today is July 4th, they're probably with families, but good luck getting some matches mattris.

mattris

Quote from: Blink
Is there a 'Chat' feature here on HardDrop, or shall I make another topic for communication during games?

there will be a chat feature coming, we're working on it.... not ready yet.  For now you can make another topic if you'd like.  Not sure if people are going to be around since today is July 4th, they're probably with families, but good luck getting some matches mattris.

Independence Day!

But of course... I was only planning on playing a few matches.  I only need one taker for 2p.   Kevcel, I challenge you.

Kevcel

Quote from: mattris
 Kevcel, I challenge you.

*CHALLENGE ACCEPTED*  

Now we only need to find a time to play...I'll pm you.  
Day One Member of harddrop.com

EnFuego

You should try and do something like this once a week. Find a good time and day every week could get a bunch of players interested in competitive TDS play. Also, you do not have to worry about intense organizational purposes and you do not have to show up every week.

iphys

Yeah, if we scheduled a weekly time that would be great.  I'm guessing the weekend, so people from North America could play in the afternoon and people from Europe would still be awake.

Kevcel

Quote from: EnFuego
You should try and do something like this once a week. Find a good time and day every week could get a bunch of players interested in competitive TDS play. Also, you do not have to worry about intense organizational purposes and you do not have to show up every week.

Quote from: iphys
Yeah, if we scheduled a weekly time that would be great.  I'm guessing the weekend, so people from North America could play in the afternoon and people from Europe would still be awake.

I really like the idea to do something like this at a set time like once a week. The weekend would be perfect, since more people can play when they don't have to work or go to school.  

mattris

Sounds goods.  I'll want to play more than once a week, though.   We (as individuals) can always post here when we are available to play.

I did play a 'Friend' yesterday at 6pm... so it works!

How about again this evening at 6pm CST?  I'll host 4-player.  We can chat in this topic during the games.   2 against 2, anyone?

iphys

That might be kind of late for people in Europe, but yeah, I could play tonight.

Kevcel

By the way:

It's a non-items 4p match, right? Or am I wrong?

iphys

I've tried searching for a while.  No one's hosting I guess . . . ?

Kevcel

Quote from: iphys
I've tried searching for a while.  No one's hosting I guess . . . ?

come online at irc ... we're playing now.

Blink

alrite im getting the Nintendo DS from sandy next week, and then it's onnn, time to get back into TDS.  I'm curious to see how much everyone has improved.

Kevcel

Quote from: Blink
alrite im getting the Nintendo DS from sandy next week, and then it's onnn, time to get back into TDS.  I'm curious to see how much everyone has improved.
...and we've seen how you've FALLEN due to a lack of practice.  
Out of respect for you, I won't tell the score of my match against you from 2 days ago...
Okay, you did win with a non-small difference, but this match you were beatable...not dominating like ''the old days''.
I wonder how good you'll become again with some decent practice...
I'm looking forward to that moment.  

Kevcel

Quote from: Kevcel
...and we've seen how you've FALLEN due to a lack of practice.  
Out of respect for you, I won't tell the score of my match against you from 2 days ago...
Okay, you did win with a non-small difference, but this match you were beatable...not dominating like ''the old days''.
I wonder how good you'll become again with some decent practice...

...and I've seen how Digital has FALLEN due to a lack of practice.  
Out of respect for him, I won't tell the score of my match against him today...
But, I did win(!) with the minimum difference,  ... he was not dominating and crushing me like ''the old days''.
I wonder how good he'll become again with some decent practice...