What do you listen to while playing Tetris?

Started by Blink, June 28, 2009, 10:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

I got this idea after someone mentioned in their introduction that they were unbeatable whenever listening to some song.  Is there certain songs you guys listen to that make you play better/faster?  A few for me:

Linkin Park - New Divide
Nas feat Keri Hilson - Hero Instrumental
Nine Inch Nails - The Day The World Went Away

DraKKiE

Xbox Live: dj stanz
AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny

Corrosive

Aqua - Roses Are Red
Aqua - Lollipop
Aqua - Doctor Jones

Korn
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

tr3_tris

Burbruee

Quote from: tr3_tris
Red Army Choir
Oh? You as well?

Well some common songs for me are the Soviet National Anthem, SR71 - Goodbye, some Naglfar and more.
I've seen and felt music have a large impact when playing Tetris. I can almost be put to a trance at times, allowing me to play much faster than I normally do. While playing Blockbox I've seen my TPM go from around the usual 80-90 to 115 or more.

Back in my TDS days I was playing against a friend of mine, we were playing first to 10 wins.
I had a bad day as I usually win and he was up 8-1 or something, then I started SR71 - Goodbye and turned it around completely and won 10-8.
He must have wondered what the hell happened.  

Casii

Francisco - Hands up
Trish - Bump
The Dream - Rockin' That Shit
Cassie ft. The Dream - Keep on lovin' me

Yeahhhh. Oh Blink, I was wondering. Are you John?

Blink

Quote from: Casii
Francisco - Hands up
Trish - Bump
The Dream - Rockin' That Shit
Cassie ft. The Dream - Keep on lovin' me

Yeahhhh. Oh Blink, I was wondering. Are you John?

hey, nice songs i love cassie and the dream.  yes i'm john =), are you from facebook?

Casii

Quote from: Blink
hey, nice songs i love cassie and the dream.  yes i'm john =), are you from facebook?

No, I do have one. But I'm Casandra, I don't know if you remember me but I used to play RO with you and the Ascendants (Peter, Will... etc), my nick used to be Future. I think I still have you on aim also. You were the one who got me into Tetrinet2!

Blink

OOOOOH Cas! of course i remember you, how in the world did u find this site? did someone tell you about it?  BTW my AIM is now lblllilnlk, blink with an L before each letter.

iLLWiLL

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough."

AOL Instant Messenger: iLL WiLL Fo Real
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/William.Pham

I <3

Casii

Yes!! Corossive sent me a myspace message? Apparantly I'm still member of the Tetrinet2 myspace group, where he found me.

How are you guys or am I totally going off topic here haha i'm sorry.

Blink

lol we'll catch up over AIM, whats yours? PM me it?  It's okay this thread will find its way back to the topic haha.

Rosti_LFC

For tetris I tend to listen to some fast-paced rock or punk. Usually something like Rise Against or Bouncing Souls.

Blink

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
For tetris I tend to listen to some fast-paced rock or punk. Usually something like Rise Against or Bouncing Souls.

ooh rise against, i love the song.... "Prayer of the Refugee"

Corrosive

Someone said SR71 - Goodbye I checked that out and it was really good, I'm gonna dload the rest of these songs that yall suggest cos they're pretty hot.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."