8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaderboard Is Up
Blink
post Sep 3 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #1

Tetris God
Group Icon

There has been a project that has been in the works for several weeks now - I hinted it in my 2 months blog, and it's nearing completion. We hope you like it - we should be done in maybe 3 days (still doing some finishing touches).

A self-updating Records/Leaderboard for members to submit their scores on. This should take away the hassle of having to constantly update/sort a record thread with the current records, as members will now submit their record and it will automatically be sorted/updated on the leaderboard (3mb max for the file attachment). It will automatically know who submitted the score by their login name, and it has the ability to attach a screenshot or replay file to your record for other members to download. It will be 1 records webpage seperated by games and game modes so people can view all records easily without jumping from webpage to webpage, if a game has no record entries it will be hidden from view. There is a records filter to filter only the game mode you want to view, date submitted tracking, country flag shown if you want to, and if you break your record for a game mode just submit your new record and it will replace your old one automatically. A tricky part was to have some records sort by score ascending (40L times, etc) and some sort by descending, (points, score, wifi-rating). Once it's released, the leaderboard will be fresh and blank - so we hope you guys fill it out with your personal records. We know there won't be alot of records at the start, but our goal is that it'll build up once the site gets bigger and has been up longer. Every submitted score will have the players name linked to their profile - along with the game names clickable to the game's information in the wiki. The records page will be viewable for everybody, even people who aren't members and aren't logged in - but only registered members can submit a score. We put alot of thought & time into this, hope you guys like it.

When it's completed in a few days, we'll be changing the blue account button to the Records button and making an account link next to the my page/log out links.

As of right now, I'm not sure whether we will continue to keep the records subforum open for records discussion, or just have record discussions done in the Tetris section. What do you guys think?

What I need from you guys:

A list of games and game modes you'd like to see on the leaderboard dropdown list to choose from when you are submitting your score, and their score format (S9 @ 3:13:48) etc. Clone records are okay too on the leaderboard, so include them in your request. Thanks babies.

----------------
Current list of games:

Blockbox 40L
Blockbox Block Driller
Blockbox Survival
Cell Phone Tetris (what game is this?)
Cultris Longest Combo
Gameboy Tetris
Gameboy Tetris DX
iPod Tetris
Lockjaw 40L
Lockjaw 180Sec
NES Tetris
TAP Death
TAP Normal
TAP Master
TGM (what are the modes?)
TGM2 (what are the modes?)
TGM3 (what are the modes?)
TetriNET 7Tris
TetriNET Survival
TetriFAST 7Tris
TetriFAST Survival
Tetris DS Wifi Rating (maybe)
Tetris DS Classic
Tetris Evolution Cascade
Tetris Evolution Marathon
Tetris Evolution Race 40 Lines
Tetris Evolution Ultra
Tetris Friends 1989
Tetris Friends Marathon
Tetris Friends N-Blox
Tetris Friends Sprint
Tetris Friends Survival
Tetris Friends Ultra
Tetris Online Japan Challenge
Tetris Online Japan Marathon
Tetris Online Japan Time Attack
Tetris Party Balance Board
Tetris Party Field Climber
Tetris Party Marathon
Tetris Party Shadow
Tetris Party Stage Racer
Tetris Splash 40 Lines
Tetris Splash Marathon
Tetris Zone Challenge
Tetris Zone Marathon
Tetris Zone Master
Tetris Zone Sprint
Texmaster2009 Special Ti
Texmaster2009 Sudden Ti

Should I add these:?
Tetris Worlds - No (thanks goldplateddish)
Tetris Elements
The New Tetris

Yes I realize alot of these games are going to be empty or only have 1 or 2 entries , but over time maybe other players who sign up to the site play them too and will want to submit their record. I'm thinking long term people!
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Sep 3 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #2

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

For realsies? Very nice!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nismo
post Sep 3 2009, 06:18 PM
Post #3

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

This is awesome thanks for doing all this blink smile.gif My original thought on whether or not the records section should be left as is was that it should, but looking at it now I'm not so sure.. I think we can do away with it and have like you said record discussions in the tetris forum. The list looks great right now, if I think of any others I'll be sure to update this post :]

Update: I was thinking of the single player games on tetrinet and tetrifast. They do vary a bit from server to server but maybe include the more universal ones like single and 7 tetris? Oh and no need to worry about some records being blank blink! The more complete a list the better imo. Anyway here is a list of games on tetridome.com:

Tetrinet: blockracer500_sns, 7tris, blockracer, survival, blockracer500, 7tris_sns, blockracer_sns and survival_sns

Tetrifast: blockracer500_sns, 7tris, blockracer, survival, blockracer_sns, 7tris_sns, blockracer500 and survival_sns

So maybe when entering this in have which server there on be visible?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Magnanimous
post Sep 3 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #4

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

Can you really update the TDS wi-fi rankings in real time? Awesome.

--------------------
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 3 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #5

Tetris God
Group Icon

QUOTE(Magnanimous @ Sep 3 2009, 11:23 AM) *

Can you really update the TDS wi-fi rankings in real time? Awesome.

No, that used to be possible @ blockstats.org but Nintendo stopped their live leaderboard thing. Members will submit their own wifi ratings, and it updates on the leaderboard. im iffy about that one though - it's easy to just play a friend and have them suicide over and over.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Magnanimous
post Sep 3 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #6

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

Darn, that would've been cool... We should petition Nintendo to restart that service.

--------------------
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sandibaby
post Sep 3 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Woot! Good stuff babe. icon13.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Moozze
post Sep 3 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #8

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Nice, now everyone can see how crappy I am!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Maserati
post Sep 3 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #9

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Wow, that's awesome! Good stuff hunny buns.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
sandibaby
post Sep 3 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #10

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(Maserati @ Sep 3 2009, 08:22 PM) *

Excuse me, I'm the only one who can call him hunny buns! *Clenches fist*
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Moozze
post Sep 3 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #11

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(Maserati @ Sep 3 2009, 08:22 PM) *

You just kicked my butt in toj, I'm honored.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
GoldPlatedDish
post Sep 3 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #12

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

QUOTE(Blink @ Sep 3 2009, 01:25 PM) *

Should I add these:?
Tetris Worlds
Tetris Elements
The New Tetris

I don't know about the last two, but since Worlds is a multiplatform game and that the Xbox version has a Live version and one that isn't, it would be tricky
TW has 6 variations of the Soviet mind game (a 7th is hidden in the GBA version)
And most of the platforms are rank-based (achieve goal in less than 2 minutes)
So what would be a good format for the leaderboard?
Fastest time X rank was achieved in Y game on Z platform?
Or fastest time level X was completed in Y game on Z platform?

Point is, a leaderboard for Tetris Worlds would be pointless
(5 platforms x 6 variations + 1 hidden mode = 31 different boards)

--------------------
Much better than snail mail
Tweeto, ergo sum

AIM, MSN, skype...Please send PM for details
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
KevinDDR
post Sep 3 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #13

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

I think games which already have online official leaderboards don't need inaccurate duplicate boards. This means no BB, no TOJ, no TP, and such.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 3 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #14

Tetris God
Group Icon

QUOTE(KevinDDR @ Sep 3 2009, 01:32 PM) *

I think games which already have online official leaderboards don't need inaccurate duplicate boards. This means no BB, no TOJ, no TP, and such.

I agree that the true game's leaderboard will be more accurate for a few of the games listed, but TOJ is included because the TOJ leaderboards only show the past 3 months, so keeping a records section for all-time best scores would make alot of sense. As for Tetris Party, the records can't be viewed without owning the game. Now people can see members' records without actually owning tetris party and going to the ingame leaderboard (TP's online leaderboard only covers its tournament, nothing else). Games that already have an online leaderboard are added on convenience alone, so members can compare to other members from HD. Records are typically an achievement that people are proud of and want to bring attention to, and this just gives 1 more place where they can make their high scores public, so I don't see any way it would hurt.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jujube
post Sep 3 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #15

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

cool, looking forward to it.

i can see where Kevin is coming from, because there's going to be more competition on the official leaderboards that include everybody. but i guess that doesn't work for some games for reasons you gave, Blink. i'd like to add that in Blockbox some people have duplicate names, and that's messing up the official leaderboard a little, so having BB records at harddrop could be better.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2019 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.