3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tetris Fanfictions, Tetris FanFiction Contest
GoldPlatedDish
post Mar 5 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #16

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

Second submission! This time, it's a trilogy!

THE SPARK TRILOGY

The Dragon

In the distant past, there lived a dragon named Sparky. He was a young dragon who had a passion for anything that was square in shape.
He was the last of his species, the Square Dragons.
He looked like any ordinary dragon, with wings and strong legs and arms and magic powers and a fire breath that would make modern rockets pale in comparison.
He lived in a cave that was big enough to house himself and his wares, small crystal cubes and a large carved area that could contain 220 of those cubes. Next to that large space was a smaller area that was a lot smaller than the large area. There were five of those, with an arrow pointing upwards between each small area. Above the top area, the word NEXT was painted on the bare rock.
On the opposite side of the large area, there was only one small area like those found under the word "NEXT", but this one had the word "HOLD" instead.
The crystal cubes Sparky hoarded over the years were finely sculpted cubes of 7 different-colored crystal. To the untrained eye, they may look like gemstones, but Sparky knew better. If he assembled 4 same-colored cubes into what he called a "Tetrimino", those cubes would gain special properties. And then Sparky would place it in what he called his "Next Queue." Then he would make some more "Tetriminos", and would fill his "Next Queue." Then, he would cast a spell over the remaining cubes, so that they could assemble by themselves. Then Sparky would turn to what he called his "joypad", a contraption that was strong enough to resist to Sparky's dragon strength.
This "joypad" had a protuding rock stick who was connected to its base. Next to that stick, there were small opening out of which would spring small flat rocks which covered those openings.
All this happened because Sparky's magic could make it happen.
Then Sparky would press such a flat rock, which he called a "button", and his assembled "Tetriminos" began to descend at a slow rate in the large area.
Sparky would move and manipulate and rotate the "Tetriminos" with the "joypad" by moving the stick left and right and by pressing the "buttons."
And when the crystal cubes formad a horizontal line of 10 cubes, those cubes would fall out of the large area and anything that was above those cubes shifted downwards and covered the area that was previously occupied by the line of cubes.
He called this activity "Tetris."

The Knight

The Spark Kingdom lived in peace and prosperity, until something fell from the sky.
Huge, colorful somethings in fact. Those somethings crashed near King Spark's castle.
They crashed with a huge thud that shook the castle.
King Spark jumped out of his royal bed, because it happened during sunrise.
He immediately seeked his council. All were present, save for one, the Knight of Tetris.
"Harrrumpf," the King said under his beard, "will that stupid knight learn to get his butt here on time?"
He learned someone in armor run. Cling clang cling clang clong boom.
The door was yanked open. The Knight of Tetris had arrived.
"About time you came," said the King, who was a bit annoyed.
"Forgive me, my Lord," said the Knight, "but it's incredibly hard to put on this armor."
"Molest me not with such petty matters, for we have a major crisis."
"Crisis? What crisis?" inquired one council member.
"Look outside, and you'll see what I'm talking about," replied the King.
And the council members and the Knight of Tetris did as they were told, and they all went "WHOA" in unison.
The huge colorful somethings were falling slowly, rotated and shifted, fell down with a crash.
The Knight of Tetris immediately recognized them as "Tetriminos."
"Tetri-what?" said the King, confused.
"Tetriminos," answered the Knight, "they're huge artifacts made from four monoliths."
"Well whatever it is, it has to go."
"Not until they Top Out."
The council members were stil observing the Tetriminos descend from the heavens.
They cleared lines, they twisted according to modern World rules.
"Whoa, it made a T-Spin Triple," said the Knight.
"T-what?" said the King.
The Tetriminos were falling faster and faster. Whatever force was controlling the artifacts couldn't place them fast enough, and Topped Out.
"Ah, there we go," said the Knight, "they'll go away now."
"Are you sure about this?" inquired the King.
But his question was soon to be answered. The Tetriminos went up and lifted away, never to be seen again.
The council members stood there, their mouths agape.
The Knight of Tetris turned to the King, who was still looking at the window, blinking.
"Well, what an odd way to start the day," said the King, breaking the silence.

The Witch

Modern people think and know that magic, as was standard practice among mages and wizards and witches, doesn't exist. But then, they hunted for anything that was remotely magic and dissed it. The Salem witch trials are a good example of this magic refusal. Flash forward to the 21st century, people know that "magic tricks" are nothing more than manipulation and deceiving the human mind. But what they didn't know is that magic (the REAL magic) does exist.
And it IS practiced by a handful of people, among them the last descendant of a powerful witch. Her name was Catherine Jean, and lived in Montreal, Canada. She, along with a few of her friends, practiced rituals and spells that would always work, because Catherine had witch powers.
She got this magic from her mighty ancestry which was composed of wizards and witches.
Tonight's ritual involved making an object. She spoke unknown words and her cauldron, which looked like a metal trash can, would start bubbling. It started spewing out smoke and cubic bubbles.
Sparks came out.
Then four huge purple cubic bubbles boiled out of the mixture, which was glowing in a purple hue.
Those 4 bubbles floated, then connected together in a T shape.
It floated towards a pile of similarly made objects, then solidified.
It fell onto the pile of objects.
Not long after, that T was taken by a mysterious force and floated towards a large 20x10 grid and adjusted itself neatly on top of the grid.
A moment after, still being manipulated by Catherine's magic, it began cascading towards a small structure of blocks.
It then nestled itself in a small area. A line clear occured.
The blocks in the line clear were removed, and everything above it fell down.
An L-shaped block then fell the same way the T did.
And different shaped blocks would fall too, under the power of the amazing witchcraft of Catherine.
Near those happenings, a small boy was clutching a game controller.
He pressed buttons on it, and the blocks would move and rotate.
He played a game that was universally loved by millions of people around the world.
The boy played Tetris.
And Catherine was making the blocks with her magic.

--------------------
Much better than snail mail
Tweeto, ergo sum

AIM, MSN, skype...Please send PM for details
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tepples
post Mar 6 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #17

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(mcgif @ Mar 4 2010, 07:13 PM) *
i hate you.

If you're referring to The Game as in "the goal is to forget about it as long as you can", that game is already over.

That said, I didn't see any requirement that it be new, just that it be my work. I wrote this one about a year ago:

Getting Lockjaw, starring Gus and Isca
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
computerguy99
post Mar 7 2010, 03:56 AM
Post #18

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(GoldPlatedDish @ Mar 4 2010, 06:56 PM) *

It wasn't a "Game" they had now, it was a T-Tetrimino, resplendant in its purple fur, now soiled with its purple blood. It lied on the ground.

Best story I've ever read. But that part makes me sad IPB Image

--------------------
Computerguy99
コンピュータおたく99
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Corrosive
post Mar 8 2010, 06:24 AM
Post #19

Tetrinet was better
Group Icon

--------------------
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
virulent
post Mar 8 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #20

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

not sure which kind of 'medal' you were lookin for
nothing on medal? mini mini HD logo? or mini HD logo?

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Beastin_Shen
post Mar 12 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #21

Tetris Expert
Group Icon

hmm ill make a tetris mix, shouldnt take long, if that would count.

--------------------

Beastin_Shen

http://harddrop.com/Beastin_Shen
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Mar 26 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #22

k, im not sure if ill be able to finish my comic book on time, im extremely busy lately.

but good news is that i will finish it anyway, even if its not for this fanfic contest c;

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
DannyBars
post Mar 26 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #23

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

Here is my Entry for the fanfiction contest:

Tetris, its a lot like the rain, except tetris is fun, and you don't get wet, unless you pee yourself while playing, Eww

Signed, DannyBars

Here is my Entry for the fanfiction contest:

Tetris, its a lot like the rain, except tetris is fun, and you don't get wet, unless you pee yourself while playing, Eww

Signed, DannyBars

--------------------
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Corrosive
post Mar 26 2010, 10:10 PM
Post #24

Tetrinet was better
Group Icon

http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2023

--------------------
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
DannyBars
post Mar 26 2010, 10:35 PM
Post #25

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

sorry about the double post

--------------------
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Mar 31 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #26

sigh, im still not done yet, i will upload the rest soon, at the moment im finishing drawings and adding narration and dialogs.

tnoehunoteju
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Mar 31 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #27

Tetris God
Group Icon

QUOTE(mcgif @ Mar 31 2010, 03:08 AM) *

sigh, im still not done yet, i will upload the rest soon, at the moment im finishing drawings and adding narration and dialogs.

but as for now enjoy the cover ;p

IPB Image IPB Image

looking good, can't wait to see the finished product. Deadline extended 1 week.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
TomatoKirby
post Apr 7 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #28

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

I was working on a story, then realized it would end up the length of a novelette, so no entries from me. I plan to finish it *eventually* and post it somewhere on this site (outside the contest, obviously).
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
post Apr 7 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #29

ok, first of all, i would like to thank blink for extending the deadline.

second of all, i know its really short, i do have many more pictures, but didn't have time to make a longer story out of it. but i do play no make more episodes to this. unless everyone says it sucks.

another thing... jokes.. yeah, they are lame... poop jokes etc. well im not funny. meh. but i was trying to show things that i have noticed. behavior of ppl. of course im being sarcastic smile.gif

anywho, have fun smile.gif

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 8 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #30

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

I discovered a new game today, it's called Tetris. You have these shapes that fall from the top of the screen, and the goal is to fit them together neatly to form complete lines. The hardest is to get four lines at once (called, appropriately enough, a Tetris) - you can only do that with a line piece. I got like two of them already. Mother tried it, but she always loses before she can get a Tetris.

-

I played a lot of Tetris today. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I figured out how to slide pieces into holes from the side, which helps. I got two Tetrises in a row one game, how cool is that? "That's nice, dear," said Mother, "come to dinner." I don't think she gets it.

-

This game is starting to feel kind of easy. I can get Tetrises all the time now, they give me lots of points! I found a neat website called Tetris Fiends. There are lots of different kinds of games I didn't know about before, and you can even play against other people. I'm not very good at it so far. Some of these high scores are just crazy, I think people must be cheating. Still, there's a lot more to this game than I thought! Mother says I'm playing too much, but I want to get faster and better. Those high scores will be mine!

-

I learned about something called a twist today. You can make pieces do unnatural things in some circumstances. You even get bonuses for doing it with the T piece. I think that's why I keep losing against other players. They'll see, though. I can do T-spins too! I tried to show Mother but she doesn't like the game anymore.

-

I played so much Tetris yesterday that I see blocks falling when I close my eyes. I don't know how much sleep I got, things are sort of hazy. I've gotten a lot faster though. I win my fair share of games, but I'm sure there's better players to take on. Mother is worried that I won't come out of my room, but why would I want to? This game is so addicting!

-

I learned about Perfect Clears today. I even managed to do a couple of them. There is something very beautiful about it; for one brief moment, all the pieces are lined up, a perfect rectangle, and then it all goes away leaving you with a clean, pristine field. I think this is my favorite Tetris thing so far. Mother wants me to go eat, but I think I'll try for one more Perfect Clear.

-

Today I tidied up my room. I arranged everything to fit into nice neat squares, it looks better that way. I had to throw away some things that didn't fit. If you think about it, people are really kind of ugly. All those appendages projecting out every which way, not tidy at all. I like things that are tidy. Mother was happy that I was doing something other than playing "that game" as she calls it, but she didn't realize I was just playing it in a different way!

-

I played too much again. I'm not sure how many days it's been. Mother brought me food, but I can tell she is worried. She wants me to talk to some doctor, but I won't go. I wish she would just go away. I can beat just about anyone on Tetris Fiends now, but I found a new site called DropBlocks and there are some really good players there. There aren't any delays or T-spins or anything, just plain Tetris. There is something pure about the simplicity of it. I am doing OK, but most of the players can still beat me handily. I will get better though.

-

I got some pretty good high scores on DropBlocks. I'm getting really fast, and I can stay alive in Survival mode for a long time. There are only a few players who beat me consistently, but I am confident I will catch up to them soon. Mother is trying to get me to go outside, but I don't like it outside. It's too big and open and untidy.

-

Things are all clear with Mother now. She finally understands what this game means to me. I never realized it before, but she is quite beautiful.

-

All the high scores on DropBlocks are mine now. It won't be long before I can beat anybody at this game! It's like I don't even have to play anymore. My fingers move by themselves. The shapes form in my mind and appear on the screen. It's an amazing feeling. There's going to be a tournament, I am going to enter and win it. There's no way I can lose now.

-

So many games, I've lost track. What day is it? No matter, I am at the top of the leaderboard. The finals are coming up. I feel on the cusp of something, like there is some deeper meaning to this game and I can almost grasp it. Like some kind of Tetris Nirvana. I know it sounds funny, but I can't explain it any better than that. I'm kind of hungry.

-

I won the tournament easy. I must be the best player in the world! It's an exhilarating feeling, but I still feel like I can do better. I can't give up yet. I'm almost there. What is "there", though? Someone is knocking on the door, I wish they would go away.

-

I feel tired.

-

I think there is something wrong with me. I did something to my brain, I don't think right. Nothing fits, not really. I tried getting rid of everything in my room, but it's still ugly. I close my eyes, but I can't shut it out. I can't make my mind quiet. The only thing that makes it go away is Tetris, but even that is becoming too easy. I need a challenge, something to occupy me. My stomach hurts, why?

-

It hurts. I have to make it go away. If I could make everything fit, it would go away. I think I know what I can do. I know a place, a place where I can go away. I can fit in there, make everything neat. I'm going to go there now. I'll bring my phone to finish writing, wrap up the loose ends. I have to make everything complete.

-

I foundthe place. I couldn't fit at frist, but i fixed that. It's hard to type with one hand. This is the end, i will drop my phone and tuck my head in, and then ill go away. Perfect. Beautiful.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2014 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.