8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leaderboard Is Up
GOOBZILLA
post Sep 3 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #16

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

oh this is awesome. Would there be able to have a "best player" on the average of all of them or is that thinking too far ahead

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
Goob's Money Crew

User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 3 2009, 09:09 PM
Post #17

Tetris God
Group Icon

sorry goob lol, there is no "BEST" tetris player imo, and even if there was it would be too hard to calculate and weigh which game has more significance over others and etc.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rosti_LFC
post Sep 3 2009, 09:25 PM
Post #18

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Magnanimous @ Sep 3 2009, 07:45 PM) *

Darn, that would've been cool... We should petition Nintendo to restart that service.

Tried and failed two years ago when the service originally went down and when Tetris DS was still popular. Seriously doubt you'd manage it now. I don't think the leaderboard page on the Nintendo site even exists any more.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 3 2009, 09:29 PM
Post #19

Tetris God
Group Icon

QUOTE(jujube @ Sep 3 2009, 01:57 PM) *

i'd like to add that in Blockbox some people have duplicate names, and that's messing up the official leaderboard a little

yeah, whats up with that? stick with 1 name people!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
iphys
post Sep 3 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #20

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

This sounds awesome! I think it's a good idea to have leaderboards even if games already have leaderboards, because it's cool to see what people here are doing, and who knows when those leaderbards might just disappear one day. Will we be able to click and see all of a user's records for various games in one glance?

GB and NES Tetris:

Aside from marathon, can we also have leaderboards for Game B that go according to the maximum level+height cleared (and secondarily by score)?

GB Tetris DX:

The counter is pretty easy to break at 9,999,999 in this one, so I don't know if a leaderboard makes sense unless it also goes according to fewest lines needed to max the counter. There's also Ultra and timed 40L for different levels/heights. I'd say maximum score for Ultra starting from whatever level you want, and maximum level+height cleared for 40L sorted secondarily by fastest time.

Tetris DS Wifi rating:

Yes, please. I think we can trust people not to cheat, and if not, they're just as liable to lie about scores for anything else I imagine.

Tetris DS Classic:

I assume you mean Standard Marathon? Please don't include Endless. Line Clear mode would be nice too. Are Mission/Catch/Touch Tower going to be included?

Tetris Friends Marathon:

Do we really want a leaderboard for this? The scoring is so ridiculous it's hardly even Tetris.

Tetris Party:

There are actually online leaderboards in Japanese: http://www.tetrisparty.jp/ranking_fla.html

The only modes not already on the leaderboard are balance board and beginner's tetris.

The New Tetris:

I do actually have a copy of this, so yeah, I'd probably submit a score at some point. I think the marathon keeps track of lines, where the lines you are awarded depends on the types of clears you do, so your total lines is more or less a score of some sort.

Tengen Tetris:

You haven't included this, but if there were a leaderboard for marathon score I think it should be fewest lines needed to get to 999,999. The score does actually roll over to 100,000 at a million, although I've never checked to see what happens when you get to 1.1 million or 2 million, so maybe you could actually continue to make sense of the scoring beyond a million (but then this would just turn into a pointless Endless game in that case).
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 4 2009, 03:14 AM
Post #21

Tetris God
Group Icon

I'll try to include alot of what you're requesting iphys, I really don't see why not.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Corrosive
post Sep 4 2009, 04:18 AM
Post #22

Tetrinet was better
Group Icon

niice

--------------------
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 5 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #23

Tetris God
Group Icon

An update - TGM records and TGM clones using the same complex scoring format (Grade - Level @ Time) will be manually sorted by me once members submit records for those. This is because records can only be auto-sorted ascending or descending. All other records that use standard order formats (1-9, A-Z, Z-A, 9-1) are unaffected and will be autosorted as soon as you submit them. The leaderboard should be ready by around Wednesday.

After this we are planning to improve the shoutbox on the main page (clickable links, no more space in between long links, possible shoutbox log viewing)

Here's a screenshot of the leaderboard that's being worked on, with a bit of stuff i copy pasted in to show how it will possibly look when it's completely finished:

IPB Image

The file attachments are downloadable links by clicking on them, game titles are clickable links which lead to their page in the wiki, and the usernames are clickable leading to the member's profile. The top left dropdown menu is the records filter to view only the records you want to see. For those who don't recognize many international flags, don't worry - when you put your mouse over the flag it will tell you what country that person is from. Overall the leaderboard is about 70% done.

Hopefully we can get everything (leaderboard + shoutbox stuff) done before I start up school again in 2 weeks, as I'll be very busy.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nismo
post Sep 5 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #24

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

Looks good so far, really a great idea.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
iphys
post Sep 5 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #25

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

Looking good -- much better than messy forum posts.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
jujube
post Sep 5 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #26

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

only Blink could get 999 in TOJ biggrin.gif

nice job, can't wait until it's up and running.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
clincher
post Sep 5 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #27

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

Wow this is looking pretty good
How did I miss the topic?

--------------------
It's all about the love
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Red_Star
post Sep 5 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #28

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(Blink @ Sep 5 2009, 07:02 AM) *
game titles are clickable links which lead to their page in the wiki

People with good knowledge of some of the games should get to working on the wiki pages. Some of the games are really lacking in information. Some are well done though, like TGM.

It is a really cool feature, but it will be a drag to be linked to a game page with a sentence or two.

I am loving the idea of it all, Blink, the leader board sounds like it is really going to be a great addition to the site.

--------------------
Play Cultris
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nismo
post Sep 5 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #29

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

I'll try and help out at some point today with the wiki.. I guess the info for blockles should be removed now huh?

EDIT: I'm not removing it yet, someone who does more work on the wiki can if they want to, maybe we should keep it up as a record that it existed? Just add something to it to let people know it no longer exists?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Sep 5 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #30

Tetris God
Group Icon

QUOTE(nismo @ Sep 5 2009, 09:59 AM) *

I'll try and help out at some point today with the wiki.. I guess the info for blockles should be removed now huh?

No, keep it. Maybe update it with information that the mode has changed on Sept 4 2009. And yeah - it would be really great if some members could help out on the wiki, just make an account and you're good to go. It doesn't have to be alot - over time people can add more and more details.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2019 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.