345 Eli_M
328 Trey_H
320 Jeff_M
300 Ben_M
268 Bo_S
233 Josh_T
190 Robin_M
181 Terry_P

I was curious what it would look like to compute the Elo ratings of players based on historical CTWC win/loss data. I used this data for input to the program. If you find any mistakes, please let me know. I thought it would be best to use the Whole-History Rating method. It's more computationally expensive, but creates slightly more predictive results. Using the open source GoShrine library, here is the script I used to compute the ratings. Also, the raw output.

Generally, Elo ratings need several games before they are accurate. That's the main drawback here. The more tournaments played, and the more times a player makes it to the later rounds, the more accurate his or her ratings should be.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wizard944
post A week ago
Post #2

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

This is cool! I kinda wanna do something similar for guideline tetris. Maybe I'll compile all the TTO results and try and make a rating ladder out of that. Any other tournaments that should be included? Maybe some of the HDO ones.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2017 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.