Welcome guest, please login or sign up

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JSTris Sprint Coach
pwn_by_numbers
post Sep 30 2017, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Hey guys, I made a little tool for JSTris to help improve your sprints. It's basically the sprint coach feature from Nullpo in the form of a Chrome Extension for JSTris. What it does is change the color of lines remaining based on how fast you are currently playing. This gives you some visual feedback on when you need to push harder or just give up and restart.

How to install:

I don't want to pay Google $5 to host on the chrome web store, so you'll have to just download the file and install it manually.

1) Download the .crx file here.
2) Go to chrome://extensions/ in your browser and drag the .crx file in. You should see this:

IPB Image

How it works:

IPB Image

Click the little icon by the URL bar (or in the Chrome menu) to access the settings. (Note: The extension won't do anything until you setup your settings.)

Sprint Lines is just what mode of Sprint you are currently playing - for 40L set it to 40.
Goal time is the time you are aiming for.
Extra pieces is how many pieces over the lowest possible you are aiming for. I set this to 1 since I can rarely finish sprints with a PC. A setting of 2 is probably also reasonable.
Best PPS - set this to the global speed of your fastest sprint, or the fastest burst you have achieved. The coach uses this to determine when to tell you to speed up.

Once you have it set up, go to Sprint mode on JSTris (note: you'll need to be at https://jstris.jezevec10.com/?play=1 for it to work, it won't work from the practice menu on other pages - I'll fix this in the next version). You should see the number of lines change color. What the colors mean:

White You are going fast enough to meet the goal time.
Yellow Your current speed is too slow to meet the goal, but if you speed up to your Best PPS you could make it.
Red It's impossible to meet your goal unless you can go faster than Best PPS.
Dark red You've passed your goal time already.

Hopefully someone will find this useful! Let me know if you have any questions - I'm on the Harddrop Discord as "pwn".

Edit:

Updates:

Version 1.01 (10/3/2017) - Extension should now work on all language subdomains.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
k_rakko
post Oct 3 2017, 01:33 AM
Post #2

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Hi, pwn. Thank you for your great application! Now I can maintain appropriate pace for my aim.

Feature request: Could you add URL for other languages?
As you know, URL for sprints are changed if you use local language. (For example, URL for Japanese is
"https://ja.jstris.jezevec10.com/?play=1.")

I want to use this with Japanese and recommend it to other Japanese uses! (^^)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Blink
post Oct 3 2017, 02:27 AM
Post #3

Tetris God
Group Icon

Hi pwn, is the source code available? Any plans to submit it to the Google Chrome Webstore?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
pwn_by_numbers
post Oct 3 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #4

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(k_rakko @ Oct 3 2017, 01:33 AM) *

Hi, pwn. Thank you for your great application! Now I can maintain appropriate pace for my aim.

As you know, URL for sprints are changed if you use local language. (For example, URL for Japanese is

Fixed this! Didn't realize the other languages were on different subdomains. Download new version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxtizs4kcth29jm/s...h_1_01.crx?dl=0

Please tell me any feedback you guys come up with! smile.gif

QUOTE(Blink @ Oct 3 2017, 02:27 AM) *

Hi pwn, is the source code available? Any plans to submit it to the Google Chrome Webstore?

Maybe a little known fact, but .crx files are just a ZIP archive, you can extract the source with any archive manager (you may have to rename it to a .zip to get it to open.) I'll probably end up putting it on Github at some point but for now you can view it this way.

Google charges you $5 before you can upload anything to the web store, which I don't really want to pay unless this gets significant interest or not having it on the web store is a real impediment to people being able to use it.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
MrBerardi
post Mar 11 2018, 10:02 PM
Post #5

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(pwn_by_numbers @ Oct 3 2017, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(k_rakko @ Oct 3 2017, 01:33 AM) *

Fixed this! Didn't realize the other languages were on different subdomains. Download new version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxtizs4kcth29jm/s...h_1_01.crx?dl=0

Please tell me any feedback you guys come up with! smile.gif

QUOTE(Blink @ Oct 3 2017, 02:27 AM) *

Maybe a little known fact, but .crx files are just a ZIP archive, you can extract the source with any archive manager (you may have to rename it to a .zip to get it to open.) I'll probably end up putting it on Github at some point but for now you can view it this way.

Google charges you $5 before you can upload anything to the web store, which I don't really want to pay unless this gets significant interest or not having it on the web store is a real impediment to people being able to use it.

It's not working for me unless it gets uploaded to the webstore. Let me PayPal you $5 to get it up. PM me your paypal.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2018 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.