HOME WORLD FORUMS WIKI VIDEOS
9497 members and stacking!
     Welcome guest, please login or sign up

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The "Help Me" Thread: Ask Quick Questions Here!
Rating  3
lcz74
post Dec 2 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #16

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

I want to ask something about Texmaster Tetris
About Special Ti Mode..
How to up grade fast?
Should I do fast tetrises or ... ?
Thanks Laugh.png
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Extruderx
post Dec 2 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #17

Tetris Expert
Group Icon

In Special Ti, you have two main ways to get grades. You should use both to get the highest ranks.

1) Each time you get a section COOL (this is achieved by getting a good section time, like clearing the 0-100 section with the time faster than 52 sec) you also get +1 grade. Try to get as much COOL's as you can, but each COOL will speed up the game and raise the difficulty.

2) Second system is like in Special, it's based on your score and uses point decay(it's a bit complicated). To get high score, you generally should try to play faster and make more tetrises. There is a combo multiplier; you can get a high combo and it will boost your score, but don't rely much on it.

When you clear 999, you are presented to a credits roll with pieces disappearing at a different pace based on how well you have played before. Making a Tetris during this time will boost your grade a bit, while clearing the entire roll boosts your final rank significantly.
Source: http://harddrop.com/wiki/Tetris_The_Grand_...Terror-Instinct

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Master
post Dec 2 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #18

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(Antifate @ Nov 30 2013, 11:27 AM) *

I have to say that I find your layout quite awkward. Maybe you have monster hands, but I would rearrange what your left hand is doing. Hitting ctrl/shift (presumably with your pinky/ring) isn't the best especially when you also aim to hit the relatively distant space bar frequently (can stress your fingers). Similarly, having rotate above soft drop (both presumably hit with the middle finger) will make spins more stressful as your middle finger might need to do up to 3 consecutive actions. These issues aren't that important in pure sprinting though. But when you're doing a lot of spins/holding in multiplayer, you will be putting your fingers through some unnecessary work.

thank you .. Smile.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
lcz74
post Dec 6 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #19

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Hello Smile.png
It's me again
Is it any possible to play Texmaster using Arcade stick?
Thanks again Halo.png

Hello Smile.png
It's me again
Is it any possible to play Texmaster using Arcade stick?
Thanks again Halo.png
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Dec 17 2013, 06:53 AM
Post #20

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get the replay links (with various modes) of personal best records on TF?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Dec 17 2013, 03:00 PM
Post #21

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

@Icz74

One way to do it is to use JoyToKey.

@djackallstar

If you're trying to find the replays of a particular player, try using Google's "site:" operator. Type this into Google:

CODE
site:tetrisfriends.com hd_blink

You can replace "hd_blink" with any Tetris Friends username. The top link will usually be the player's profile page. From there, you can see his records. Click on "View Details" to watch replays. (If you're still having an issue, try disabling any ad blocker you have.) You can also view top records by navigating to "Community" > "Leaderboard."
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
djackallstar
post Dec 17 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #22

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(caffeine @ Dec 17 2013, 03:00 PM) *

@djackallstar

If you're trying to find the replays of a particular player, try using Google's "site:" operator. Type this into Google:

CODE
site:tetrisfriends.com hd_blink

You can replace "hd_blink" with any Tetris Friends username. The top link will usually be the player's profile page. From there, you can see his records. Click on "View Details" to watch replays. (If you're still having an issue, try disabling any ad blocker you have.) You can also view top records by navigating to "Community" > "Leaderboard."

Oops, it seems I didn't make the question clear...
What I want are direct links to watching replays without the need to click anything else.
It is because I want to show replays to my Japanese friends
who can't, or are unwilling to, read English at all.

Fortunately (!) by using the method you proposed, I was able to find such a link. (*1)
For example, if I want to let my friends see my best sprint replay, here is the link:
"http://www.tetrisfriends.com/leaderboard/ajax/user_stats.php?&username=Grand_Rookie&userId=4429980&productId=84"

The "username" parameter is optional. The username will be shown on top of the screen if provided.
The "userId" parameter is required, which is the unique identifier for a specific user.
The "productId" parameter is required, which determines which game mode to show,
and Its value can be found by viewing the raw HTML text in the corresponding game mode page.

Thanks again caffeine.

References:
(1) http://www.tetrisfriends.com/leaderboard/a...p;userId=378062

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
nostalgianinja
post Mar 11 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #23

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Quick Question: How would it be possible to cut down Piece dependencies? My problems are with I, J and L pieces.

--------------------
Seeking improvement on Tetris, but taking it one mino at a time.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Mar 11 2014, 06:18 PM
Post #24

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

That's actually a pretty complex topic. I covered it in one of my articles, though. Piece dependencies result mainly from a) disconnecting surfaces (towers and trenches), and b) creating surfaces that aren't amenable to all pieces (or, the little they do lead to awkward results). Towers, trenches, awkward surfaces, etc., in turn, lead to the need to create 2-deep (or higher) 1-column trenches. Those require I/L/J-piece to fix.

Try to pay attention to unnecessary disconnects (i.e. a difference in height between two surfaces greater than 1), while allowing a comfortable position for any given piece.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
KILLJEFFREY
post Apr 4 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #25

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

I am curious if anyone would like to coach me. I have plateaued more or less at rank 15 in TF. Currently learning finesse in Nullpo. I love C2.

I would mainly be interested in increasing my speed (improving my look ahead would probably do that, so, we can work on that). Sprint time is 1:06 (had a sub one minute before losing the record due to reinstalling my OS). I would like some feedback on my upstacking too.

I live in Texas, timezone is UTC - 6h. Please PM.

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe some feedback on my keyboard layout.

Left hand,
S: Hold with ringer finger
D: Rotate left with middle finger
F: Rotate right with pointer finger
Space: 180 rotate with thumb

Right hand,
J: Left with pointer finger
I: Hard drop with middle finger
K: Soft drop (maybe switch to hard drop?) with middle finger
L: Right with ring finger
Space: 180 with thumb

--------------------
Line Race Personal Best, 47:48
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Sisu
post Apr 21 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #26

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

QUOTE(caffeine @ Oct 8 2013, 08:18 AM) *

a new topic might be more appropriate. If you're not sure, post here anyway!

QFE

If a hearty discussion breaks out, it can be split off to a new topic Smile.png

----

i'm looking for a clone that allows the use of custom graphics such as:

Attached Image

nullpomino does not support skins of this complexity Crying.png

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
UJS3
post Apr 22 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #27

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

In Nullpo, is there a way to slow down a replay, or step through one piece/input/frame at a time? I noticed a "frame step" key in the options, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I hit it while watching a replay.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caffeine
post Apr 23 2014, 03:01 AM
Post #28

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Maybe someone else knows better, but I haven't found a way. What I've been doing is recording the screen to a video file at 60fps. VLC, among others, let you frame step videos.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
UJS3
post Apr 23 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #29

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

Hm, too bad. Thanks for the reply though! If anyone has a nice solution, do tell.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
ohitsstef
post Apr 23 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #30

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(UJS3 @ Apr 23 2014, 03:20 PM) *

Hm, too bad. Thanks for the reply though! If anyone has a nice solution, do tell.

maybe a way to do this is to export it to a different player and then slow it down manually there?

--------------------
IPB Image
We do not forgive. We do not forget.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2019 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.