Welcome guest, please login or sign up

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings from Scotland!
Calwyn
post 3 weeks ago
Post #1

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

It seems I've finally stumbled upon a Tetris forum - glad to make a little home here!

I'm Calvin, I'm 22 and located in NE Scotland. I've been playing Tetris on and off since I was a kid - my first game being the GB Tetris, followed by a lot of DX as I grew up.

I'm not particularly great, but I've cleared the standard mode on TGM2, which makes me happy enough! I've recently bought an arcade fighting game stick, and I'm hoping I can learn - from the ground up - how to play the game properly.

I'm an active music gamer, heavily into StepMania, DDR and Guitar Hero. I'm hoping that my quite high APM and finger dexterity will transfer well over to Tetris.

I've been watching streams and YouTube clips of Tetris NES, and it seems it's one of the easiest to pick up and hardest to master - I'd love to one day reach Level 29. I'm still very unsure on which version I'd like to play primarily, but in the mean time, NES Tetris seems like the best go-to, although I can only emulate it at the moment.

I'll be spending some time browsing the forums for guides and such, so if anyone has any recommendations for posts to read, do let me know (and, thank you in advance!)

- Calwyn
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pizzapizza
post 3 weeks ago
Post #2

Pizzatastic
Group Icon

welcome smile.gif

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Danieru
post 3 weeks ago
Post #3

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

Hello Calvin, I'm Daniel smile.gif

--------------------
Just an Irish tetris player.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
XaeL
post 2 weeks ago
Post #4

Tetris God
Group Icon

I recommend NOT playing NESTris and rather playing guideline. The skills transfer over really well (i got to level 24 first or second try at NESTris, i am around 30-35s 40L in guideline).

It's way more time efficient.

--------------------
IPB Image

QUOTE(Paradox @ Dec 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM)
Like many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Calwyn
post 2 weeks ago
Post #5

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

QUOTE(XaeL @ Jun 4 2018, 03:38 AM) *

I recommend NOT playing NESTris and rather playing guideline. The skills transfer over really well (i got to level 24 first or second try at NESTris, i am around 30-35s 40L in guideline).

It's way more time efficient.

Hello, thanks for your response - a quick Google search leads me to believe "guideline" is any of the more recent games, correct? If so, I may play around with nullpomino to start with. Thanks for the advice!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2018 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.