Welcome guest, please login or sign up

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tournament cart?
Tendervittlebit
post Sep 24 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #1

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

I am having trouble figuring out how to get a hold of the cartridges that are used in the CTWC. I would really like to be able to start at level 18, but I really have had zero luck asking the general public. I have talked with several collectors, shop owners, and nobody has anything helpful. Any pointers in the right direction, or straight-up answers are very welcome. Thank you in advance.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Okey_Dokey
post Sep 24 2018, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

You can start at level 18 with the regular NES Tetris cartridges. You just have to hold down button A while pressing Start in the level select screen, and you begin the game 10 levels higher (but in return it's less than 190 lines to level 19). If I understood correctly, they use regular cartridges at CTWC but they also use a tool that can changes bytes on certain locations (like Game Genie - just more advanced). This way, they are able to give the 2 players the same sequence although they play on different NES consoles. But this is also the only change they do at CTWC as far as I know.

If you've got a Game Genie, then you can find some codes here (there's a code where you can get more than 999,999 points, or one where you can start at level 29 - otherwise no real need for a code). There's also a modded Rom where you have more statistics (it looks like this) but it was never publically shared because of legal reasons.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Tendervittlebit
post Sep 25 2018, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

That is super awesome. Thanks so much. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I am pretty committed.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2014 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.