[Request] How to not misdrop/lag on in Tetrisfriends Guide

Started by jkwon23, September 28, 2016, 02:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkwon23

How can one not misdrop and lag in Tetrisfriends?

hebo-MAI

In Windows PC,
1. you should use Windows 7 (not Windows 10/8.1).
2. you should disable Windows Aero.
3. you should use NPAPI version of Flash Player and corresponding Web browser.

Of course, you should use AdBlock or Minimal Tetris Friends.

jkwon23

Quote from: hebo-MAI
In Windows PC,

Thank you, hebo-san!

PabloNex

In Windows PC,

How can I activate/deactivate minimal tetris friends?

hebo-MAI

Quote from: PabloNex
In Windows PC,

How can I activate/deactivate minimal tetris friends?
You should ask on the topic of Minimal Tetris Friends.

Okey_Dokey

[div align=\\\"left\\\"]Saw someone mentioning that the new FireFox ("Quantum") worked fine for Flash player games. I only tested it with Tetris Battle but there it indeed worked much better than Chrome on my laptop (note that older Firefox versions performed badly on my laptop). Don't forget to uncheck "activate hardware acceleration"(right click somewhere in Tetris Friends / Tetris Battle -> settings). Some other people said Microsoft Edge browser also worked fine (note this is Windows 10 only; Windows 7 is a better choice in my opinion because you can deactivate Windows Aero there; Aero causes display lag for all programs running in windowed mode instead of fullscreen).

Additionally, I use the following tool: Timer Tool (download TimerToolV3.zip). Windows usually tries to reactivate idle threads every 15.625 miliseconds. The only purpose of this tool is to customize this period which may reduce lags. 0.5 ms, 1 ms and 2.5 ms are the values you should be interested in. For Tetris Battle 2.5 ms worked fine; for an NES emulator I tried 0.5 ms worked best for me. Note, that other programs can also customize this period e.g. music players usually set the period to 5 ms and browser tend to use dynamic numbers somewhere between 1 ms and 15 ms. Windows will use the smallest value of all those numbers specified by running programs.

Also, wanted to add a direct link to Minimal Tetris Friends topic.[/div]

XaeL

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
Windows will use the smallest value of all those numbers specified by running programs.
Chrome sets to 1ms by default.

But yeah if you're using firefox then the tool you provided is helpful.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

wizard944

has anyone found that adblock has recently stopped working on tetrisfriends? it's a problem because I can't record my games anymore since the combination of recording and the ads is too much lag for it to be playable.

Okey_Dokey

uBlock Origin seems to work on Tetris Friends for both Chrome and Firefox. And with Minimal Tetris Friends, you shouldn't need an adblocker at all.